October 23, 2009

Pumpkins, Thriller and Costumes




What is the point?
Without Trick-or-Treating.
After the age of candies, ghouls and goblins, why do we still enjoy Halloween?
I think that even though we get older, we still enjoy a good game of dress-up. ESPECIALLY when everyone we know is playing along with us. Every year we toss and turn and stay up all night thinking about what we're going to be this year!
A witch? no too stereotypical.
A black cat? that is soooo predictable.
A bag of jellybeans?...hmm.. nah come on now, I can't see you wearing that to college parties.
WE spend tons of time coming up with the perfect idea, only to have to be able to follow it up with a great costume so that we aren't answering the question "What ARE you?" over and over again.

Maybe it's just me but I'm certainly not tired of Halloween!
I'm not against having a day to wear a costume either!

3 comments:

Melanie Lee Lockhart, APR said...

Are you guys coming to school in costume on Friday?

Sandy Klowak said...

I absolutely love Halloween, and I think adults can get as much out of it as children, if they're young at heart. I agree, it's always fun to dress up, and I still love candy, and carving pumpkins. Giving out candy is lots of fun too-- the kids are so cute. Plus there are parties and scary movies, etc. I always feel sad for people who say "I don't do anything for Halloween, I'm not a kid!" It never hurts to get in touch with the child in you and enjoy something like Halloween.

Glenda Ollero said...

I wanna see you in that Betty Boop costume on Friday, dollface.

Post a Comment