December 2, 2009

Yes, they really do come up with this stuff.

EODD?

Come along with me my friends, as we learn a little bit about how ridiculous people are.

I sat typing vigorously on my laptop, intent on replying to every notification on my facebook, when I was rudely interuppted by those mythical things called pop-ups. This pop-up just so happened to be a video of something called the Every Other Day Diet.

"HMMMM" I thought as i said to myself. "self, this seems like it might be watchable. It's a video, and this guy's voice is kind of relaxing, maybe I'll just leave it on in the background."

But then, it sucked me in. What on earth could an every other day diet be? well I certainly found out. In the EODD you eat as much as you want, of anything you want for an entire day. But the next day, you don't get to eat anything at all. Only water, with flavoured water for dessert.

Intriguing, I thought. I don't think I could handle fasting for an entire day, but maybe it works? So, I googled.

Google found me some answers, particularily The Great Fitness Experiment Blog. Where Charlotte Hilton Andersen talks about her dealings with fitness and diets. The EODD proved to be an epic FAIL, epic my friends. She ended up gaining weight after a week of starvation and binge eating.

I decided to cross that diet off of my list. Maybe for now I'll just stick to moderation and sweat.
Cue 20 minutes of Turbo Jam.

Let's keep trying the old fashion way.

2 comments:

Miguel said...

This Turbo Jam video looks intense! I'm just going to go for a relaxing jog instead.
I find that exercise works the best for me. I always say I'm going to work out; I never do. I might make it my next year's resolution. Maybe...

Kiran said...

Ha ha ha! Oh, Alexa. Sincerely, this video made me laugh so much. But I couldn't even help watching it. These girls are GOING FAST. HOw do they manage that....it can't be beginner lol. It reminds me of when I tried doing STEP classes at Shapes. My first class, I twisted my ankle, kicked my water bottle, and fell. What a fail. Keep posting. Too funny. If you wan't to do Turbo Jam with me tomorrow at lunch....you know where to find me :)

Post a Comment