November 13, 2009

Maybe. Just Maybe, Guys Have A Point.

WARNING: This one's for the girls

Okay so I know it's hard to believe, but maybe guys have some serious insight when it comes to finding ways to spend time.

Girls, we're so stressed! We worry about everything!!! It's kind of true! And then guys talk about how we get angry so easily, we're so irritable etc. Well why is it that guys aren't irritable?! What makes them so laid back?!

With a shout out to Kiran
I have a theory.
Maybe, guys take more time out of their average day just to do something they enjoy.

I played Rock Band for the first time the other day, and as I sat there beating away at the drums (badly might I add) I said to my friend "Why don't we do this more often?"

Us girls tend to be a little hard on guys, escpecially when they sit around watching tv, playing video games, watching "gross mindless" youtube videos and other seemingly pointless things. But, maybe instead of giving them a hard time, we should be taking more time out for ourselves too?

Most guys that I know have some sort of hobby that doesn't really seem productive, or useful in any way. Girls we know we all have hobbies just like this, but why don't we indulge in them the way that guys do? Why don't we watch friends reruns for 3 hours straight? (or whaatevver floats your boat!). Maybe you'd rather have a spa night, why don't you?! I don't know why we don't, maybe it's a vicious circle, we stress, so we're too stressed to relax, so we just get more stressed? Maybe it's time we forced ourselves to do something just for us, purely for our own enjoyment... and I don't mean go to the gym, cause let's face it, that's productive... but more like buckle down and play a video game, or listen to music and paint your nails, just something for you.

I don't know what every girl likes to do with her spare..ish time, but maybe we wouldn't be so hard on guys if we took a page out of their book, be a little selfish for a couple hours, you're allowed.

2 comments:

Kenton Larsen said...

It's like Hugh Grant in "About a Boy": every 15 minutes is a "unit" and you must find enough units in the day to do things you love.

Greg M. Berg said...

Alexa, I think you have the beginnings of a women's movement. :) I have found many interests over the years and it's what keeps my life interesting. I find that the people who are cranky are usually those who spend wayyyy too much time "thinking" and not enough time "doing". An idle body leads to an idle mind which ultimately leads to frustration.

Post a Comment